Who does this information apply to?
The following Working with Children Check (WWCC) or equivalent cards are being checked by an integration with Oho:
- NSW Working with Children Check
- QLD Blue Card
- QLD Blue Card Exempt
- QLD Teachers
- VIC Working with Children Check
- Victoria Institute of Teachers (VIT) Check
- TAS Working with Children check
- WA Working with Children check
Member's cards will be checked on a weekly basis by Oho once a card has been successfully validated.
About the WWCC Check Dashboard
The WWCC Check tab on the Club Admin Portal has the following dashboard to help Club's with their compliance to the Child Safety policy:
- Expired Cards:
The number of expired Working With Children Check (WWCC) or equivalent cards.
- Missing or Incomplete Cards:
The number of WWCC or equivalent cards that are missing or incomplete. All technical members and club staff are required to have WWCC or equivalent details uploaded.
Compliant Child Safety Representatives:
The number of Child Safety Representatives (CSR) that are compliant with the requirements of being a Child Safety Representative.
Non-Compliant Child Safety Representatives:
The number of Child Safety Representatives which have not fulfilled the requirements of being a Child Safety Representative.
The number of WWCC or equivalent details that have been verified by the Oho system.
The number of WWCC or equivalent details that are waiting for validation by the Oho system.
Failed Verification Checks:
The number of WWCC or equivalent details that have failed verification by the Oho system:
For a member’s WWCC or equivalent to be validated in the Oho system, all details on their Gymnastics Online profile must match what is on their WWCC or equivalent card/letter. This includes the name (including middle name), card type, card number, card expiry date and birthdate. Birthdates are required for NSW WWCC and SA WWCC to validate.
If a member has a revoked card, they must not work with children.
The WWCC Check tab also has the following reports (queries) available to provide more details about the dashboard. In most reports you can click on the member's name to update their WWCC or equivalent details.
|A. Expired Cards
||Members who have expired cards – all members
|B. Missing or Incomplete Cards
||Members who have missing card details (including card type, number, expiry date) and are not exempt
|C. Compliant Child Safety Representatives
Child Safety Representative relationship has completed the Child Safety webinar
|D. Non-Compliant Child Safety Representatives
Child Safety Representative relationship has not completed Child Safety webinar
|E. Exempt from Check Members
Underage members who do not have to complete a check if underage according to state legislation
|F. Full list of Members who require Checks
All members who have an active relationship to your Club and who are not exempt
|G. Verified Checks
WWCC or equivalent details that have been verified by the Oho system
|H. Pending Checks
WWCC or equivalent details that are waiting for validation by the Oho system
|I. Not Verified Checks
WWCC or equivalent details that have failed verification by the Oho system and should not work with children because their accreditation is either:
Who's WWCC or equivalent will be validated in my Club?
The following members appear in your Club Admin Portal> WWCC Check tab and will be actively checked by the Oho system once an initial validation has occurred:
- All current Club Personnel members are listed as having a relationship to the Club in the Club Admin Portal> Club Personnel tab. More information.
- All current Technical members are listed as having a relationship to the Club in the Club Admin Portal> Tech Member tab. More information.
- However we do not check tech members who have let their membership lapse. More information on how you can find expired tech members linked to your Club via Club Admin Portal> Reports> G. Technical Members Expired and Due to Expire query.
- We also cannot check members who do not meet our data integrity requirements. If you need assistance with updating missing or invalid data please refer to this page.
If have Tech Members or Club Personnel members linked to your Club who are under the age of 18, they still may require a Working with Children Check (WWCC) or equivalent if they are working or volunteering at a Gymnastics organisation or event.
How do I update WWCC or equivalent details?
Please refer to these instructions on how to update WWCC or equivalent details for a member.
What information can I give to our members?
Please refer to these instructions on how can I get a Working with Children Check (WWCC) or equivalent accreditation.
I see an error message, what do I do?
Please refer to these instructions on how to fix WWCC check issues.
What to do for each card check status?
||What the club should do
|Current and Active
||The member’s WWCC or equivalent card has passed validation. They are OK to work with children.
The member’s WWCC or equivalent card is undergoing validation from the Oho system. Please wait 5-10 minutes after pressing the save button and press the F5 button to see a result. If the pending check takes longer than 5-10 minutes, please email email@example.com
This member should not work with children. This member has failed their WWCC or equivalent card verification due to invalid details. To resolve this issue, please check that the member’s name, card type, card number and expiry date matches what is on their card and follow these instructions to update this information.
This member should not work with children. This member has failed their WWCC or equivalent card verification due the card being expired. To resolve this issue, please contact the Member to ask them to present their updated card and update their card details and and follow these instructions to update this information.
||This member should not work with children. This member has failed their WWCC or equivalent card verification due to the card being revoked. Please contact the relevant card provider for more information.
|Error||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.|
What is Oho?
Oho takes the hassle out of checking and monitoring Working with Children Checks, saving you time and improving the safety of children in your care.
With Oho you can;
- Check the current status of Working with Children Checks for your entire workforce in less than 5 minutes.
- Check every week, with absolutely no increase to your workload.
- Run real-time checks on the ground, so you can be assured that last minute substitute referee/coach/carer is safe to work with children.
- Be notified when something needs your attention, like a revoked or expired card.
- Have access to a permanent, accurate, tamper-proof audit trail.
- We know that keeping on top of Working with Children Checks is just a small part of what you need to do to protect the children in your care, but every little bit of rigour makes a difference.
How does the Oho integration work?
Any questions or need assistance? Please contact support.