The main reasons why the Add or Transfer an Athlete form has been improved is to reduce the number of duplicate athlete records and the number of blank athlete records being created by Clubs via the Individual Athlete Registration form.
These are the aspects of the Add or Transfer an Athlete form which have changed:
Adding a new Athlete is now a 4 step process which includes:
Step 1: Clubs check if the athlete has already been registered to their Club. If there is a match, then:
- There is a link to the athlete’s record for the Club to update details and renew athlete.
- The Club does not need to proceed with the rest of the steps on the form to create a new athlete record.
Step 2: Clubs check if the athlete already exists outside their Club. If there is a match, then:
- There is a Transfer Request link for the Club to submit a transfer and the Club does not need to proceed with the rest of the steps on the form to create a new athlete record.
- If the Athlete has a Pending Transfer status, then there is already an active transfer request in the system and there is no need to submit a transfer request or to proceed with the rest of the steps on the form to create a new athlete record.
- Consider submitting a multi-club athlete form if the athlete is attending more than one club.
Step 3: Club create new athlete and contact details. Please note that once the Next button on this page is selected:
- A member record will be created for the new Athlete in the National Gymnastics Database.
- This member record will appear in the Club’s Current Year Athlete excluding Gymsport report.
Step 4: Club to update other details:
- It is important to complete Step 4 so the athlete will have a birthdate, gender and Athlete code (Gymsport and Level) in the National Gymnastics database.
- Once the finish button has been selected on this page, then the Club will be taken to the Athlete’s member profile to review. Clubs can click on the Add/ Transfer an Athlete button on the top of this page if they are required to register more athletes via this method.
For more information, please have a look at the presentation attached to the Add or Transfer an Athlete information page.
Please contact us at support if you have any queries.