The Club Import on the Club Admin Portal allows Clubs to upload and update multiple athlete records in one file. The import can include existing or new athlete registrations.
Gymnastics Australia would like to announce the implementation of some improvements to the Club Import. These improvements include:
- A new macro enabled club importer template which will assist clubs in creating an import file which will reduce the number of error messages being received and improve data quality for athletes in the national gymnastics database.
- A step by step online guide for Clubs to refer to when using the Club Import method to register and renew athletes. This guide has been integrated into:
- The Club Importer in the Club Administration portal via an information icon.
- The new macro enabled club importer template.
- Updates to the information on the Club Importer in the Club Administration portal to improve instructions provided to users.
Features of the new macro enabled club importer template include:
- Ability to import club data files which have been used previously
- Cells are highlighted as yellow which need to be corrected before an import file is created
- Version control on template to ensure Clubs can keep track of the current template to use as Athlete Codes change.
- Athlete Codes (eg. Gymsport and Level) are not imported from club data files as the user needs to select current Athlete Codes as per the latest Athlete Coding Guide.
- The import file which is created will usually upload without any error messages.
To get started, please:
- Go to Club Admin Portal> Administration> Club Import and click on the button ‘Download Latest Club Template’
- Have a look at the Getting Started with the New Club Importer Template page.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org